The Nachtelijk Westveer ('Nightly West Ferry') exists to enable guests of the restaurants and cafes at the NDSM-wharf in Amsterdam North to return to Amsterdam Central Station after midnight.
The standard NDSM-wharf ferry stops operating at midnight.
The ferry sails in the direction Central Station -> NDSM-werf -> Westerdoksdijk -> Central Station.
The ferry connection is for pedestrians, cyclists and mopeds, and it can be used for free.
There are a few restrictions though:
- the ferry goes only in 2 nights: from Friday to Saturday, and from Saturday to Sunday.
- the ferry goes only between midnight and 3am.
- the ferry goes every 45 minutes, so only 4 times in the night.
- from NDSM-wharf to Central Station, the ferry first stops at the ferry terminal Westerdoksdijk, then goes on to Amsterdam Central Station.
- from Central Station to NDSM, the ferry does not stop at ferry terminal Westerdoksdijk
Tasmanstraat ferry terminal